Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Hartford? Generally, there are three primary areas of the home for video protection: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. While your security installer will be able to recommend where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Front Door
Although you might find it unlikely that an intruder would try to just enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions occur at this passageway. You can also count porch pirates among other dangers to think about. Doorbell surveillance is able to manage these types of possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell surveillance is even more beneficial as you are able to speak with any visitors who come and engage the doorbell. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you have the option to reply to every ring with two-direction audio and live video and give the impression you’re on site. Then if a visitor attempts something nefarious, you are able to have your video surveillance document the event on video and send it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Surveillance System
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging task. Fortunately, there are some useful suggestions to make sure you’re safeguarded appropriately.
- Corners of your Hartford house offer an impressive field-of-view, letting you see two sections of your exterior.
- Just below an overhang or into a piece of cladding or edging are perfect spots for cameras as they will be partially obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, because the garage door is a more likely access point for invaders than you might believe!
- Above a deck or sliding door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, be sure to prune any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure the camera’s view.
Recommendations For Getting The Most From Your In-Home Surveillance
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your home in Hartford. But the additional adaptability means you have other installation variables to consider:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: While you’ll want to ensure your windows are secure, the natural light that enters via a window may cast a glare on your camera’s video feed. Direct the front of your camera away from direct blasts of sunshine to avoid this.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a video camera installed in a high place will provide a broader view. Consider putting your cameras above bookcases or mounted on the upper reaches of a wall.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your camera won’t have the chance to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Install your security cameras where little ones and house pets aren’t able to tamper with them. You might consider mounting or a different method to secure them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The top security camera will fail to be of much use if you’ve got a plant in the way. However, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to cloak your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the right package for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (860) 288-4370 or submit the form below to get started.