Today's smart security options are getting more capable every year. But, unfortunately, you may still fail to perform easy security chores like activating your a home security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these things in the future? When you implement geofencing in Hartford, you can simply leave the driveway and let your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Hartford For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter a set distance from your residence, which you are able to set up in your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your cell phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements utilize to communicate with one another. This technological advancement assists your home security by grouping all devices onto a single network. You can then set up specific boundaries on all sides of your home and designate particular actions when you cross the boundary.
To illustrate, as soon as you leave your premises, you can set your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
Here are some of the devices you can control with geofencing:
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics like TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home security system in Hartford. When you download the mobile app, you can do a lot with smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart components to activate at predetermined times. Direct various lights to lower to indicate that it's bedtime, or disengage your alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain components engage based on another activity. Have your thermostat switch on the connected fan when the fire alarm trips. Or illuminate your hallway lighting if your security camera senses strange movements outside.
● Customize scenes: Design scenes featuring various devices that all act in harmony together. Have your lights switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or program the system for a movie marathon with specific lighting and temperature adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to set your alarm system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Hartford
Whether you’re looking for added reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (860) 288-4370 or submit the form on this page to get started on your perfect security system.