Home security cameras can simply be placed as a warning—something that tells criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, the latest security cameras arrive equipped with an array of additions all designed to enable total protection for your home. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way audio or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions empower you to have the most from video surveillance in Hartford.
How To Set Up Your Hartford Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is mounting your devices in the right areas within your house. Interior security cameras need to be placed in frequented rooms such as the living room or den. It’s also a smart notion to have a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to move around to access the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should afford a clear view of your patio, driveway, front and backyard, garage, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your front porch with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas around your interior that are less vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, installing a camera in the room could hinder your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you want a measure of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Component location is only the first step in getting the most out of home security cameras in Hartford. The innovations listed below help to elevate security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant messages on your mobile device whenever abnormal movement is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start capturing footage when activity is detected which will add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your home security cameras to record and store clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way talk: Most of current security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to guests via the camera. Through ADT Control, you can act like you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a camera can see, and allows for a more comprehensive look at an area. Look for cameras that have at least 120° coverage or that are able to pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Double check that your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that can capture clips of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the freedom to protect single areas within your home.. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your patio and ignore cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date notifications when the see something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Hartford is easier. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your security system can go from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (860) 288-4370 or submit the form below to start personalizing your home security system today.